Green Screen Movie Making
Green Screen Setup
Images Courtesy of DEN friends: Sue Levine, Lindsay Foster, Jessica Felker Wheeler, Peter Panico, Chad Lehman,Margie Rogers, Carolyn W. Rains, Dorie Hoon Glynn, Dacia Penley Jones, Deborah Thonus,Susan McCutchen Bowdoin, Jennifer Wagner, Sonja Fehlmann, Heidi Morgan
Software/Apps for Green Screen Techniques with Still Images
Video Production Software Programs
Video Production Apps
Video Production Area: Green Screen Setup Tips and Tricks
- Pop Up Green Screens are portable and if you buy the reversible ones, can be used for both blue and green chroma keying
- Bulletin Boards can be covered with blue or green bulletin board paper. this will give you an area that is always setup but is not in the way during the classroom day.
- A projected solid green image can be displayed on walls, white boards, interactive white boards or any other clean surface. You can then place the background image of either the green or blue chroma key behind the students
- Shower Curtains can be hung on a handmade pvc rack, portable clothes racks or even on a curtain rod place along the top of a bulletin board or on a wall. This allows you to utilize the space for multiple reasons. Just pull the shower curtain when you are ready to create your green screen movie.
- Painted Walls are permanent. This would be a great option for an extra room in the school or a wall in the Media Center that will be used permanently for making multimedia productions using the green screen.
- Green Fabric can be purchased as most fabric stores and some department stores where there is a crafting area. One issue with fabric is if it is used and then stored. Fabric has a tendency to wrinkle and takes some time to have all of the wrinkles removed.
Video Production Area: Lighting Setup
Video Production Area: Lighting Setup Tips and Tricks
- Creative Green Screen Ideas (PDF)
- Diary of a Techie Chick: Using Green-Screen Effects in the Classroom
- iPads in Education: Creating a Classroom Studio with an iPad and a Greenscreen
- Tech Tutorials from EduBlogs: Using a Green Screen
- iPads4schools.org: Why & How to Green Screen in Class
- The Journal: Bringing the the Classroom to Life with Green Screen Technology
- Scholastic: Creating a Green Screen Video in Your Classroom
- Creating Green Screen Videos in the Classroom by Karen Ogen
- trakax Lesson 12: Using Green Screen in the Classroom
- edWeb.net: Bringing the Classroom to Life with Green Screen Tchnology